Recycling by the Numbers [Infographic]
Here’s a great infographic from The New Ecologist that has some stats showing how much money can be saved if people start recycling and replacing original products with recycled ones. It also lists top 5 recycling countries and what different countries and regions are doing for going green.
According to the infographic, “20 million tons of electronic waste is thrown away each year. One ton of scrap from discarded computers contains more gold than can be produced from 17 tons of gold ore.”
Beijing has built the world’s largest recycling facility and hopes to increase their recycling rate from 10% to 80%.
The UK recycles around 17.7% of its waste that is far less compared to Austria that recycles approximately 60% of its waste.
- Getting Paid to Recycle: 4 Ways People Made Millions from Recycling
- The Longest Bench In The World – Made From Recycled Wood
- Relaja: A Bench Made From Recycled Marble?
- Where Gadgets are Recycled: a Virtual Tour of a Recycling Facility
- Study Confirms Recycling Cardio Pacemakers is Safe